The New Year dawned and I saw a new lease of love for the site. On top of that, I was lucky enough to be nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award by Emma from thisisemsworld.
This award was created by Okoto Enigma from Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Share a link to your best post(s).
Here are 3 things about me
- I love to exercise! That is probably one of the weirdest things that you have heard (maybe) but I love to workout. I have a great group of girls in the gym but I love to run by myself to clear my head. I don’t have a goal or a target weight, I just think of exercise like playing in the playground again.
- My love of vintage isn’t just clothes. I am a real history buff! My first history book is about to be released and I’m really excited to see my work in print.
- I’m very spiritual. My family tree is complex and has loads of different backgrounds. So, to honour my ancestors, I practice a spiritual way of life to help me stay grounded in the present and stay connected to my past.
Questions I’ve Been Asked
What’s your favourite post you’ve ever written?
My favourite post has to be my life goals post. It was actually a lot harder to write than you would think. There is so much that I want to do, and “I want to do it all” is such a blanket statement, it won’t give you any focus to do anything. What is “doing it all”? Make a list and find out what that statement means to you.
What’s the best thing about blogging?
There is a certain amount of freedom with blogging, you can write what you want! It can really expand your horizons and help you learn about yourself and the world.
Who are your top 3 favourite bloggers?
I’ve been so lucky to have met some amazing bloggers in the flesh (as well as read their blogs). Corey from Learning Patience is an amazing T1D fitness blogger. Helen from HelsBels is an amazing spokesperson for female fitness and empowerment. And Sarah from Life in a Breakdown is an incredible person who is always there for other bloggers. But, I can’t leave out Jonny from Northern Irish Man in Poland (who has also been nominated for this award by me). He’s a local lad from my neck of the woods who has travelled the world, now he has settled in Poland.
If somebody told you they could tell you exactly how your life would turn out, would you want to hear it?
Absolutely no way! Ha! I don’t even like skipping ahead to the end of a book…and TV spoilers…don’t even go there! I think if we knew how things would turn out, it would suck the fun and excitement out of life.
What are you most proud of? It can be something from your blogging life, non-blogging life or both.
I’ve a few things that I’m proud of. The births of my children and how they are all turning into amazing little humans. I’m proud of what I have achieved as a blogger and a writer. When I started, my writing was awful! But, I’ve stuck at it and learnt a lot over the years about writing style and business.
My Best Posts
I have a few posts that have gotten a lot of traffic but I don’t think they are my best ones. What I believe to be my best posts are-
- If you weren’t blogging, what would you do to express yourself?
- What got you interested in blogging?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What is the most badass thing you have ever done?
- If you could be in a TV show, which one would you want to be in? (this can be any show)
http://billionsoflives.org/ (this blog is written in Dutch but you can change the language to English. Or give your brain a language workout!)
I would love it if everyone I nominate who does this post lets me know when you have done it because I would love to read your posts!
I’d like to get a big thank you to Emma for nominating me for this award. I hope you enjoyed my responses to Ems post. Don’t forget to check out their blog.